What is Macro Calculator?
This calculator is designed by flexible dieters. IIFYM is another name for flexible dieting. The full form of IIFYM is if it fits your macros. Macros are short for macronutrients, and they are defined as substrates used to produce energy in the body. Carbohydrates, fats, and proteins are the macronutrients. The caloric total for food is calculated by adding all the macronutrient amount together.
Goals in Macro Calculator (explained)
For those who want to lose weight, safely and fast. Puts individuals in twenty percent calorie deficit.
Designed for those who desire to keep their current weight. This option aids eating at the macro level.
This option is for those who want to build muscles quick. This can also be used by those who want to gain weight. This option shows twenty percent calories surplus.
10% lose weight
This option is for those who wish to lose ten percent and want to build muscles. Puts you in ten percent calorie deficit.
For females, any activity that burns 400 to 650 calories and for male 500 to 800 calories.
For females any activity that burns, 400 to 200 calories, for males any activity that burns 250 to 500 calories.
Any activity that burns more than 650 calories for female and 800 calories for a male.
Any activity that burns more than 650 calories for female and burns more than 800 calories for a male.
How are the macros calculated?
The ratio of protein is set at 0. 825 grams, per pound of body mass. Fats are set at twenty-five percent of everyday energy expenditure. Carbohydrate is calculated from the remainder. Daily energy expenditure is calculated by weight, height, exercise output, and age.
When should you calculate your macro nutrient intake?
When should you not calculate your macro nutrient intake
When you aren’t motivated enough
When you still consume big mac with a lettuce on and consider it healthy or eat carrots with healthy consumption of pancakes and don’t know the fact butter is a carb or can’t let go of junk food, you aren’t ready enough. Before using the macro calculator, you should motivate yourself then stick to the diet plan.
When you are a macro nutrient veteran
When you are already aware of which diet you should consume with what limit of each macro nutrients, you have mastered balancing your life style according to the healthy eating, using macro calculator is useless for you.
Advantages & Disadvantages of calculating macros:
- You can track your food consumption
- Those who are new to dieting and eating healthy don’t have an idea how to track and what amount of calories and macros to intake, the macro calculator acts as a perfect guide for them
- Using a macro calculator and calculating macros aids in keeping your body in the desired shape.
- It gets stressful sometimes and demotivating to keep a daily track of food
- You start to focus on macro intake and start to ignore the quality of the food.
Macronutrients include nutrients that have very specific tasks and are demanded by the body in almost every activity. They help in growth of your body, provide your body with energy for it to function and a number of other bodily functions.
Energy is essential for us, we need energy to maintain body temperature, fuel our physical activity and repair damaged tissues etc. This energy is provided to us by carbohydrates.
Just like that, macronutrients imbed themselves in your cells and control all that goes in as well as out. Enzymes that act as catalysts in your body’s processes are also provided by macronutrients. Hormones like leptin etc. are also produced by the body.
The proportion of macronutrients your body will need depends on a number of factors, one of them being your activity rate. However obviously, if you activity rate is more than you’ll have to increase intake of foods that provide you with energy. While eating macronutrients, you must take balance into full consideration, take care of your portion size and concentrate on whole food.
While sketching out a diet, you must be careful that the proportion of each macronutrient is according to you and your body’s needs. Increasing proportion of one will decrease proportion of the other. Ideal would be to eat a diet that not only fuels your day to day activity, but also nourishes your body and helps it grow.
Amino acids are building blocks for cells and muscle structure. They are essential for our body and are provided by proteins. There are 20 amino acids in total. 9 of them are non-essential, these are the ones that your body synthesizes, and 11 are essential. Essential amino acids are taken by you through the meal you eat.
They are important for your body and that is why it is necessary for you to eat foods that include them. Protein is the building block for a lot more things other than muscles; it builds your hair, tissues, bones, organs and enzymes. This shows how mandatory it is for you to include them in your diet. A few sources of protein are:
- Seafood and fish (tuna, white fish, salmon, shrimp, crab and oysters etc)
- Poultry (Turkey and chicken)
- Pork, beef and lamb
- Soy products and tofu that is minimally processed
Fat is important for brain development. Other than that, it is used in making of hormones and assists in absorption of fat soluble vitamins (Vitamin A, D,E and K). However, they do have highest calorie per gram, this means that for fat to be broken down you need a lot more energy. This is why in a weight loss diet plan, fat is usually minimized. But, fat also has the ability to make you feel fuller.
A few foods that contain fat are:
- Nuts (cashews, almonds and walnuts)
- Avocados and Avocado oil
- Olives and olive oil
- Fatty fish, either trout or salmon
- Full dairy and organic
Carbohydrates are composed of sugar and starch that is broken down by the body to glucose. It is main source of energy for the body and the brain. Our body is very efficient in storing glucose in liver and muscle as glycogen. This is due to the reason that energy is a constant demand by the body. It needs energy to carry out daily processes.
Our body is full numerous mechanisms, all of these mechanisms need to be carried out by our body. They are essential for us to get going and they require specific nutrients. If you want your body to flawlessly function then the diet you must be taking should include all that is needed.
Following are the foods containing carbohydrates:
- Whole grain
- Vegetables with starch (potato, beets, corn and sweet potato)
It is obvious that water is a big need. It is utmost important for our body to stay hydrated. Water is needed by the body in everything. Dehydration can cause big damage to us. Water does not include any nutrients but it is still a macronutrient because we consume it in large amount. It helps in removal of waste, manages the body’s temperature and helps in metabolism etc. If you need a deep search about Water Soluble Vitamins then you can search online about how many vitamins are in water and their application.
It is advised to drink about 13 glass of water every day for our body.
Usage Process of macro calculator
Users do get concerned about the ease of use when they are considering different tools. This amazing calculator comprises of the following stages.
1. Completing steps of inputs
When you are using this macro calculator, you would be providing input details in multiple steps. The link for this calculator is provided below.
- When you click the link, the first step of inputs would comprise of four values. To start with, you have to select your gender and then enter your age. These parameters are important to determine person specific weight control strategy. After entering the weight and age, you need to select the weight reduction goal. This depends on the target of each individual person. One person may want to reduce 20 percent of his weight while the other may have a 10% weight reduction target in mind.
- After completing the first step of inputs, you can proceed to the second step. This step comprises of two input values, height and weight. The height has to be provided in ft and inches. Similarly the weight has to be provided in “lbs”.
- The last and third step of providing inputs comprises of three steps. In the first step, you have to select the number of meals you have on daily basis. You can choose from 3,4 or 5 meals. The next selection is the activity level. Based on how active you are during the course of the day, you can select from sedentary active, light active, moderately active and very active. Lastly, choose from low, medium or high for adjustment of protein.
2. Test Results and Interpretations
When all the values have been entered, the test result would be generated on the right side of the screen. The following values would be shown through results.
- The calorie count would highlight the calories which have to be burnt at the end of each day. When you have this count, it would be easy to choose what you can eat and the options which should be avoided.
- The carbs, fat and proteins count would be shown along with the calorie count. Every edible product comprises of carbs, fats and proteins. Thus, when you have a breakdown, it becomes easy to select the right meals. Usually, people choose the wrong meals for themselves because they do not have a count of carbs, fats and proteins. With the calculators.tech macro calculator, you can get a complete breakdown of what you should eat. This is an important step if you want to reduce weight on a serious scale.
Total Reviews 5
Thank You! For Your Review
Your Review Will Appear Soon.