|Systolic BP||Diastolic BP|
Give your feedback!
Blood Pressure Calculator
Blood pressure calculator is an online tool to calculate the blood pressure in the human body. It calculates the blood pressure based on systolic and diastolic readings. Blood pressure is measured in mmHg, which is a unit of pressure. It is blood pressure and heart rate calculator that quickly calculated the blood pressure based on given readings.
In this post, we will explain what blood pressure is, how to use our bp calculator, blood pressure formula, and how to calculate blood pressure. First, let us explain how you can use our calculator to calculate your blood pressure.
How to use blood pressure calculator?
The blood pressure checker tool is very easy to use. All you need to do is record your readings and put it in the above form. Note that, you can measure your readings in mmHg as well as in kPa. You can select the unit from given options when entering the readings. To use this calculator, follow the below steps:
- Enter the systolic and diastolic bp first readings in the given input boxes.
- Enter the systolic and diastolic bp second readings in the respective input boxes.
- You can add as many reading as you want by clicking on the Add Reading
- After entering the values, press the Calculate button to get your final blood pressure.
The bp calculator calculates the average blood pressure after you hit the Calculate button. It also provides the systolic and diastolic blood pressure chart to indicate where your blood pressure is lying on the zone. You can also use our blood type calculator if you want to find out your blood type.
What is blood pressure?
Blood pressure is the word that is used to describe how strongly your blood pulses around your body on sides of the arteries. A blood pressure test is a convenient way to check for elevated or too low blood pressure.
High blood pressure or hypertension will make the hearts and organs more vulnerable to health problems such as heart disease and strokes by putting a strain on organs.
The low blood pressure or hypotension typically is not as dangerous, although some people may become faint and dizzy.
Since most people don't have obvious symptoms, the only method to see whether the blood pressure is too low or too high is a blood pressure test. Testing blood pressure is easy and can save your life. Below is the blood pressure guideline:
- Blood pressure between and is known as normal blood pressure.
- If the blood pressure is or higher, it is considered as high blood pressure.
- If the blood pressure is or lower, it is considered as low blood pressure.
Blood pressure formula
The average blood pressure for an entire cardiac cycle is the mean blood pressure that means the blood pumps from the ventricle to arteries during one contraction and the subsequent relaxation.
The pulse intensity varies from the BP's systolic and diastolic elements. It can be considered as the force produced by each heart contraction. BP is about 40 mmHg at rest.
How to calculate blood pressure?
A device called a sphygmomanometer is used for blood pressure measurement. This usually consists of a stethoscope, pump, dial, and arm brace. Even though nowadays automatic devices with digital displays and sensors are also widely used.
It would be best to uncross your legs and sit back for blood pressure test. Typically you have to roll up sleeves or take out some long-sleeved clothing to put the band around your upper arm. Try relaxing or avoid talking during the blood pressure test.
During the test:
- Take out one of the arms to the position where your heart lies to put a cuff around it. In this position, the arm should be supported, for example, with a chair cushion or arm.
- To limit the blood flow, the cuff is wrapped. The pinch may feel uncomfortable but lasts just a few seconds.
- The strain in the cuff is released slowly, and the heartbeat can be listened with a stethoscope. Digital devices use vibration sensors.
- The blood flow begins to return to your arm at two points, and the pressure is assessed at that time. These values are used to calculate blood pressure. You can find your results immediately either on the test or the digital display by the healthcare provider.
Blood pressure chart
Find the bp chart below. This chart enlists the blood pressure categorically. You can find the minimum and maximum range of blood pressure for both systolic and diastolic BP.
|Blood Pressure Status||Systolic (mm Hg)||IF||Diastolic (mm Hg)|
|Normal Blood Pressure||< 120||and||< 80|
|Stage I High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)||140||159||or||90||99|
|Stage II High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)||160||180||or||100||110|
|Hypertensive crisis (where emergency care is required)||> 180||or||> 110|
What is normal blood pressure?
Blood pressure between and is known as normal blood pressure. If your blood pressure is anywhere between this range, you don't have to worry because your blood pressure is normal.
What is the ideal blood pressure?
Blood pressure between and is considered to be ideal blood pressure. It is very crucial to maintain the ideal blood pressure to keep yourself healthy and fit.
Total Reviews 2
Thank You! For Your Review
Your Review Will Appear Soon.